Summer Soccer Skills Camp
Instructor: JD Barbara
Incoming 4th-7th Graders
This summer, Stuart Hall will be holding a soccer camp for incoming 4th – 7th graders. The camp will be one 3-week session. The camp will involve one hour of training emphasizing certain soccer skills. During the second hour, campers will be divided into teams for small sided games focusing on the use of the skill learned that day.
Some of the skills covered include:
- Receiving – how to properly use your first touch to settle a ball that is on the ground or in the air
- Dribbling – how to move with the ball to find time and space (with a new move taught daily!)
- Shielding – how to use your body to protect the ball from an opposing player
- Passing – how to perform an overlapping run, wall pass (or 1-2), and take over
- Defending – how to maintain proper defensive stance and position
- Striking – how to choose which surface of the foot to use
The camp fee will be $300 for the session. You can also register by the week; cost is $100 per week. Just list the weeks your child will be attending. The camp will run from 9:00am-11:00am. Space is limited so register soon!
Register soon as camp enrollment will be limited.